Applying for Free School Meals
Please find below details of how to apply for free school meals. We are conscious that circumstances change and would encourage anyone who fits the eligibility criteria to apply. Not only will your child/children receive free school meals, but the school also received funding from the government to support your child with their academic progress at school.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Parents of children aged four or over attending a maintained school in Bromley who receive child benefit for the child/children and one or more of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by His Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7400 as assessed by earnings
More information of the above criteria can be found on the Bromley website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click HERE to start the application process with Bromley Council.
Once Bromley Council have received your application, your details will be checked via the Eligibility Checking Service and you will be advised by letter whether or not your claim is successful. Confirmation of eligibility will also be sent to the school.
If you have any questions about this issue, please o not hesitate to contact Mr Mead, Deputy Head of School by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.