Family Support Worker
Miss Barnes is our Family Worker and is a point of contact for families who have any concerns about their child in relation to school, or are experiencing difficulties at home which are affecting family wellbeing. As well as providing emotional and practical support, advice and information to all families in the school community. Family life can be challenging. A new situation at school or home can cause anxiety and changes in behaviour which can lead to frustration or conflict. Miss Barnes, along with working closely with Mrs Morkill (Inclusion Manager), can work with families, school staff and, when necessary, outside agencies, to help get things back on the right track. In times of stress, confusion, change or loss, having someone to talk to, who can offer a new perspective, may make a big difference and could stop a problem from escalating. She will listen without judgement and put parents in touch with the relevant agency.
If you need any advice or are worried about a particular situation at home or school, please get in touch. You can contact me by email via the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a private chat.
Bromley Food Bank Information
We work closely with the Bromley Borough Foodbank both raising money for, and advising parents and carers to contact them when in need. Please click HERE for more information.
Helpful Links for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- https://111.nhs.uk/ Call the NHS helpline on 111 for medical advice
- http://www.youngminds.org,uk Support with child & adolescent mental health. Parents helpline 0808 802 5544
- http://www.samaritans.org.uk Confidential support if experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Call 116 123 free
- http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk For anyone dependent on alcohol. Tel: 0800 917 7650 (24-hr helpline)
- https://www.al-anonuk.org.uk If affected by someone else's drinking. Tel: 0800 0086 811
- https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals Check to see if you are eligible for meal vouchers
- http://www.bwca.org.uk Bromley & Croydon Women's Aid - Support for anyone suffering from domestic abuse (physical, psychological, emotional, financial abuse or coercive control) Tel: 020 8313 9303 (Mon-Fri 9am-4.30pm)
- https://www.hestia.org/brightsky App in 4 languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi and Polish with secure tool to record incidents of abuse via text, audio, video or photo form, without any of the content being saved on the device itself.
- Bromley Children's Project Helpline: Call 0208 461 7259 Advice on challenging behaviour from Parenting Practitioner.
- Helping Children Cope With Change Top Ten Tips Information - Ten ways to help children cope with change
- Bromley Wellbeing Bereavement Support
- https://www.winstonswish.org Support for bereaved children
- http://www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice Free confidential advice service on debt, benefits, employment & housing problems for those on low income or benefits (paid for by legal aid) Helpline: 0845 345 4345
Get Your Mind Ready With Yeti - 2 minute guided meditation for childrenA Mindful Moment 30 second breathing exerciseCandle and Flower Breathing TechniqueFinger Breathing ExerciseCrab BreathsTree Guided Meditation